The trend of pouring boiling water and watching it freeze mid-air in sub-zero temperatures has gone viral to say the least. As the US Midwest battles Polar Vortex 2019, videos of boiling water freezing mid-air have surfaced on social media.
But the same did not work out for a man named Chris Kieger, who accidentally ended up burning himself while trying the boiling water trick. Chris took to his YouTube account to post a video of the process that left him burnt (on comments too).
The 15-second long slow-motion video reveals the man throwing the water into the air above him. While most of the water successfully freezes like he may have wanted, the last bit from the pan lands on the back of his calf, burning him.
The description of his video titled ‘Steamy Goodness’ said, “the air was cold, my calf was scalding. (sic)”
YouTube was unforgiving. Comments on the video left more burns for him than probably the boiling water.
A comment read, “Let those scars serve as a permanent reminder that being stupid comes with a cost.”
Another one said, “Nice slow mo. Funny, you can see it hit your calf. You reacting is priceless,” followed by others calling him an “idiot” and so on.